Home made hummus

on Friday, April 6, 2012
Hi Dosirak lovers,

sorry I didn't post for such a long time! It has been crazy times and I've been really crazy busy. :S But I try to keep on track and post at least one new item every other week! ;)

So today it's about home made hummus. That's not Korean, I know, but it's really a very yummy and healthy Dosirak, especially when combined with fresh veggies on dark bread!




It's pretty easy actually. Just grab dried chickpeas and let them soak in water for 6 to 8 hours. Then cook them in fresh water and a pinch of salt for half an hour. Let them cool down and put them in a blender. Add some Tahin, some spices (I use this mix; it contains Rock Salt, Thyme, Black Sesame Seed, Garlic, Allspice, Ginger, Nutmeg, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Sumac, Cardamom, Mace and Cayenne), olive oil and a drizzle of fresh lemon.



The consistence might be a little bit too thick, so to make it creamier, add some water. Put it in a tupperware container in the fridge and it will be safe to eat for 5 days. Enjoy! And share with your colleagues. In my office, I started to bring hummus and my colleagues started to bring crackers and veggies for dipping. A fun, social and healthy way to enjoy your lunch break!

In the next pic I took 4 slices of nut-bread and topped it with hummus, sprouts and avocado. Some cucumber, baby tomatoes and swiss cheese with it and voila.


0 comments:

Post a Comment